Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Chapter 1: pre-war Utopia


Jumping down the stairs, was Kate Harts. She was late for an appointment and was in a hurry to get a cab when she received a phone call. "Hello?" "Kate!" "Yes?" "There has been a blast in Cathlay and your mum was hit. "What? Where is she? Which hospital did you take her?!" The voice was silent for some seconds and then said, "she's dead." The phone Kate was holding, fell down, splitting in two, destroying it. Sitting down on d stairway, she cried bitterly. Five minutes later, Lawrence was supposed to call and when he did, he had to use voice message. He was suppossed to ask her out. An eerie sound had been coming in from the front door. And before long, a second bang hit the door: springing it wide open and Kate on her feet. "Kate!" "Joan! I thought it was a burglar. " "I had to break in. I've dialling your number all morning, no response but the answering machine. Why is your phone switched off? " "There is your answer." Pointing in the direction of damaged phone. "But that doesn't explain why you didn't show up for the interview." "Joan, my mum's dead." "What? I'm so sorry." "She was in blast in Cathlay." "When? " "I don't really know. I was called just this morning ."
...edited...
New plot
Author's edit.
Since I'm a Nigerian. I have the right to tell the story from country's point of view. Sorry if you really loved where former plot was headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment