Search This Blog

Friday 3 July 2015

My History With Music

I remember the first song I loved. For a person who usually gets angry when he hears a song, it was a really surprising event. I was minding own business when the chorus of "fool again by west life" stuck to my head. Sitting on the veranda, my neighbour kept increasing the volume. I stood there and I sang my first chorus. 'Twas all I sang all week. Of course, it was the only song I knew and loved.
It didn't take long; I mastered every word, every pause, every instrumental part.
Even though the voice was crude, it never really mattered 'cause I didn't hate how it sounded.
Ever since then, it has been from mastering one album to the other, to the extent of having almost 500 songs fully mattered.
I even moved from songs to mastering movie sound tracks. It seemed like it was gonna last forever and it seems so even now. It's been over 16 years since that first song.
The good old days. A list of musicians and their songs memorized.
* West life (group)
At least one album √
* Celine Dion
Multiple albums
*Phil Collins
All of my life
* Brian Adams
Everything I do.
* Michael Jackson
Speechless (still the only song of his I love)
* ...
I took a break.
I started watching movies.
Simba (Every damn sound) If you didn't watch this movie, "you miss die".
Aladin
Hercules (I'll find my way)
I graduated to motion pictures.
The rock (the movie) every sound track.
Bullet in the head (a song and the main sound track)
The good, the bad and the ugly (main sound track)
Home alone part 1 ( holy night)
Sound of music (every damn song) I love this movie.
Rattle snake (nollywood) Still remember oh.
Nemesis (nollywood) (theme song)
Then I resumed music
*Akon's album (akon trouble)
Lonely
Ghetto
Locked up
*Akon's second album
Never took the time
Nobody wanna see us together
Sweetest girl.
*Psquare came
It should be noted I hated African queen by Tu face, when it came out.
Omoge mi
Temptation
Oga police
Story
Never really liked Dbanj till
"Why me"
*Tu face
Grass to grace album.
*9ice
Kongaso
*9ice
Street credibility
*Faze
Originality
*Chris Brown
With you
It should be noted that after that song, I stopped listening to that dude.
*Iyaz
reply
*Owl city
Fire flies
*Jason Derulo
Wha cha say
*Wclef R. kelly
Ghetto religion
*Reuben Studdard
I need an angel
*James blunt
You're beautiful
*James blunt
Stay the night
*James blunt
Out of my mind
*James blunt
Carry you home
*James blunt
Tears and rain
*James Blunt
Goodbye my lover
*Banky W
Strong tin
*Bracket
Happy day
Yori yori
Little children
*Psquare game over album
*Asa
Jailer
*Asa
360°
*Asa
Bibanke
Then Adele sang a song that became timeless
*Adele
Someone like you
*Adele
Don't you remember
I got to know some good friends.
*Backstreet boys
Incomplete
*Sarah McLaughlin
In the arms of the angels
*Sara Groves
Going home
Then I met a crazy friend who only likes indie songs, and their likes
*Imogen Heap
Hide and seek.
Nobody but few, ever understood why I loved this song so much.
The newer ones
*Demi Lovato
Skyscraper
*Christina Perri
A thousand years.
*Michael Hearts
We will not go down
*Keith Lancaster
Awesome God (the a cappella)
*Carrie Underwood
Jesus take wheel
My point is, I really do know more than 500 songs off by heart.
It's not an achievement; neither is it a flaw.
These song shaped me in some way.
Majorly 'cause I let it. Which makes it important to censor the songs you listen to.
It's been fun taking you guys down my memory lane.
I'll leave you with a task.
Go download 'hide and seek' by Imogen heap.
It's a weird song but the lyrics are so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment