Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 June 2016

THE CHAPTER WHERE I MET MY TIME PIECE.

'Twas 7:30am on a Monday morning. I had left home to trek for approximately thirty minutes to school.
I was Midway when I met a face, new at the time, but of noteworthy beauty.
It was Tuesday. I had left late for school. She would intercept paths with me really close to home.
I saw her whisking off, hoping she wasn't late. I had no time piece on me. I peered sternly at a clock in a shop and the time was 7:50am. I was really late. I hastened my footsteps and tried to walk faster than everyone in front of me.
A week later, it was Tuesday, I hadn't trek to school the days preceding today because I don't want to get flogged.
It was 7:20am. I was walking at my normal pace. I had walked past Midway the way to school when I met a face. Her face immediately registered as the girl I use as my time piece. I have her a smile but she didn't seem to quite notice. She was right not to notice. It wasn't for her.
I was satisfied by my earliness. I smirked all the way. I met a dusty class on my arrival. I hid myself in the wardrobe to avoid the assembly. When they were all downstairs, I came out. My coming early wasn't so I'll attend an assembly of students. It was to avoid the whips.
The next day I was to cross paths with her midway and this time she stopped me.
"You look familiar. Do I know you," she said.
"I don't know you, though each time I see you, it's either in late to school, or I'm early."
"Oh. And now?"
"I'm neither late nor early."
"And why do you say that?"
"I met you half way, you met me half way."
I never asked for a name. I never did need a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment