Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 June 2016

THE CHAPTER WHERE IT WAS INSOLUBLE.

'Twas evening on a Thursday. It was the penultimate day before my extra moral classes would seize. The mathematics teacher had just entered the class and then concocted a mathematics question— I think it was off measuration.
He was solving his example and as one well above what he was teaching, I realised it couldn't be solved. So I wanted to see what his answers would be.
Well, you could say I wanted to learn how he could prove me wrong.
He solved and solved. At that point I just watched carefully to see how he would escape the mess.
I wasn't one to let it go easily.
Alas, he would use a word I had only heard once before and it evoked uncontainable humour.
Two awkward intervals of silence later, he voiced out, "it is 'insoluble'".
" Hahaha!"
I literally laughed on top of my voice.
The term 'insoluble' reminded me mostly of a substance that can't dissolve.
I never really cared that it had a second meaning.
"Get out of my class, and I don't want to see you in my extra moral classes ever again. You lack etiquette!"
"Well, Sir, I think you mean 'social etiquette'. The word..."
I was still trying to finish when he charged towards me. I could be seen running towards the main road.
It was only a day before the end of the month, so it didn't matter that he drove me then.
Though I did apologize later, I can't understand why I was arrogant, with the fiendish display of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment