Search This Blog

Sunday 15 May 2016

A GUN, A GHOST AND TWO OLOKPAS

Lying down with my face on the floor. I felt the orifice of a gun on my head. A voice kept screaming, "so you think say you big pass this gun abi?
I go burst your brain now."
"Johnny calm down na."
"Oya Roger us the money now or we lock you for cell."
I made no movement. He hit the tapered end of my scapular. I wanted to scream but I was too angry to.
I believed I did nothing wrong.
"I don't have any money on me."
"So with all this oyibo you no get shishi?"
"We no dey joke oh. Bring money come out now", said the second guy.
"Lie down there."
It is 8.00pm
I'm still furious. I already killed them in my mind. Still on the ground, I felt sand in my eyes. But that didn't matter. I was too angry to care about that. I wished I could snap their necks.
"Guy, I dey hungry oh. Use that your one thousand that buy us roasted yam and bolle."
"You never pay me for the last time oh."
No worry I go use the money wey this guy go give us take pay you."
He crossed the road and minutes later he's back
"Guy money no reach."
"Na wa for you oh. You no get gun again?
Just show am gun and she go reduce the money for you."
"Abi? I no even reason am."
"As soon as I heard that, I realized this people can kill me, then create some crappy story about what happened.
I muttered a few hail Marys. Fear had gripped me. I realized they could kill me and get away with it. And nothing is holding them back.
Just then, a man walks in. He asked what I did, then paid the so-called ransom.
I laid there still confused who the man was and why he would help me. I couldn't fathom how a stranger could just come help me. I was even more scared.
"I hope I'm not going to be kidnapped for real", I thought.
" Young man, get up. You're free to go."
I stood up quietly, and just started walking away. The stranger followed me.
"So you no know say that place na no go area?"
I didn't realize how shocked I was till I tried opening my mouth.
"Yes sah."
Just then something bit me on my thigh. Turn to scratch it and at the same time I said, "thank you sah."
I turned around, and I could find no one with me.
A cold wind swept passed me and my head swelled.
"Ifite?"
Boarded a bus back to my hostel. As I sat on the bus, I could not stop thanking God.
"Ole ole ole ole ole ole!"
I just passed the common room and Real Madrid won a match. I stepped into the room and took my shirt off.
"Guy die by black hole!"
"I'm not in the mood for this."
"Die by mood."
Minutes later, I stepped into the bathroom.I scrubbed and I scrubbed. I could feel tears welling up just above the bottom lid. I got out of the bathroom and slipped into a blanket and slept off.

PS: This is a work of fiction. It is not connected to real life event.
Genre: Realistic Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment