Search This Blog

Friday 20 January 2017

Proof Of Honesty

I finally got paid on 'MMM United' yesterday night. Sometime ago, someone made a statement on how a white person trusted him and gave him his 'MMM United' Account details to confirm himself. Same day some derogatory comments were made against our people by our own people (Nigerians). Well, the event that happened yesterday proved those derogatory statements wrong. I was matched to be paid by this guy (Justice, a Nigerian living in Nigeria) on Wednesday. I called him same day and got the response– "I will get back to you". Same response I got from a from a guy last year who ought to have paid this pending GH order but failed to, before 'MMM United' started witnessing hitches. Wednesday passed and came Thursday (yesterday). I concluded within myself, "another business as usual". I will have to wait for a re-match. Thursday night, exactly 22:20 GMT, I received a call from Justice. "Hello, is this Ojukwu Chukwu? I am meant to pay you on 'MMM United'. I am going to transfer the Bitcoin to your wallet now, when you get it, please confirm me." I said, "ok". He transferred the Bitcoin, I received it, waited for minutes (maybe 15 minutes) before logging in to my 'MMM United' account but found out he hasn't uploaded his proof of payment and as such, I can't confirm him. I called him to notify him about that, but he knows nothing on how to go about the Transaction ID. Two Admins in this group knew my ordeal the day I asked a friend and my referrer to help out on this (that's story for another day). I tried explaining to Justice but still he couldn't do it. So I had two options in mind, wait till his time elapses, and he gets blocked, then I will transfer his Bitcoin back to him and wait for a re-match, or he sends his Bitcoin Wallet account details so I can login myself and do the Transaction ID task myself. "To a stranger?" You might have asked right? Well, I suggested the latter only and the former as plan B if he refuses. He sent his Bitcoin Wallet Account login details and authorized me, so I logged in to his account successfully. You might say, "maybe there isn't much Bitcoin in his wallet. Well your guess is as good as wrong. He has over 10BTC in his wallet (you sure know the amount in there and he trusted me with it). I got the Transaction ID for the Bitcoin Transfer he did to me and that of numerous others he paid yesterday night. He offered to give me the details of his 'MMM United' account to help upload the Proof of payment but I didn't oblige to the request, but suggested he does that himself and learn how to do it while I guide him. I guided him successfully.

There are still many people in Nigeria who trusts strangers. The whites are not better than us, let's emancipate ourselves from that mental slavery.

Article by Ojukwu, Tochukwu

No comments:

Post a Comment