Search This Blog

Thursday 26 March 2015

A tranquil eventide walk

It's exactly 19:00. I'm very close to the bank. I'm walking in a boulevard, listening to a refined voice make music to my ear.
Walking dangerously close to the road and cynical while at it.
Trying hard not to lose my muse.
A beautiful voice said hello.
Feeling ambivalent, I replied, "hello".
Taking the ear piece out of my ear, I stared into her shimmering eyes: as  wet as the morning dew.
Her first words were, "can I walk with you?"
Curious and indecisive I said, "free as a bird".
Prying and intrusive, she said, "what are you thinking?"
I just couldn't fathom why she thought I would give that a reply.
I said, "ransom notes keep falling out of your mouth. Mid-sweet talks on news paper word cutouts."
And she stared at me with a countenance of confusion but kept her cool despite her scepticism about my sanity.
"FYI, I'm just using you for the company in order to feel safe walking on this lonely road but now I feel like you are the kind of scenario I was running from."
"My mistake. Pardon my indiscretion."
"I'm just not in the mood of kidnapping people today."
"What?"
"I was just accessing your earlier statement of self worth to see if it were true."
"And?"
"You're still here."
"You feel you are smart, don't you?"
"Thanks, but compliments don't move me."
Angered she said, "I see you need to be really alone."
"I never asked for company.
And yes, my mood fights back at you."
I would have love to apologise but we'll have to see a second time for that to happen."
"You have no idea you're supercilious with delusions of grandeur."
"What a compliment. You never stop, do you?"
"Go to hell!"
"I'll find you.
Trust me, I always do."
"Who cares! Gosh."
Walking off in utter fury. I could find a smirk on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment