Search This Blog

Thursday 26 March 2015

A close call

Twas at a cross road and right in the middle of a
catch up, a gun and a surge of andrenaline came
calling.
I thought, saw, ran in split seconds.
All of that side of me that is rarely ever used.
Still pointing to the direction of a gun, a guy I
never had the displeasure of knowing edged close
and held a friend of mine.
First I thought they were cultists and I resisted
the urge to run till saw the whole street emptying
themselves in the other side of the road.
My friend pushed him, freed himself from his
grasp and fled with me, together with my other
buddy who drop his phone unwittingly, in the
chaos.
In my place of refuse, I remembered them at last.
There they were, standing in front of me, pipping
from behind a fence.
"Are they gone?"
"Guy, my phone fall oh"
"Gboza!!"
And another chaos ensued.
Minutes later I heard screams of a familiar kind.
"Ole! Ole! Ole!"
Already, I was drawing a map in my head: an
alternative route home.
Three things I took home from this experience:
1. I realized I could really run
2. That I am selfish except your blood is in my
veins
3. I'll go back for the rescue when all is safe
except...

No comments:

Post a Comment