Search This Blog

Monday 13 April 2015

Homosexuality

To what end can we accurately and precisely determine what is, and what is not. Who is this and who is that.
There are heated controversial debates surrounding the issue of homosexuality. I'm not here to discuss the morality as pertaining to such acts. Although I might add that personally I see it as an act contrary to natural principal and thereby wrong. Be that as it may be, as I said earlier, I'm not here to discuss ethics..
I am here to discuss attributes we do consider and reasonably assume that determines who is and who is not a homosexual. I have tried to see whether of all these features, there is any unique one that specifically apply to only such group of persons, I came up empty handed.
Why?
When you study this features, and analyse it just as I did and will put down here. You will either agree with me or not, that you cannot conclude without being told that a person is indeed a homosexual.
Why am I so bothered to know this unique feature. Well, it boils down to diplomacy. When you can discern them, you know how to associate with them, what is and is not off limit, to what extent can you tease them, weary whether you may have unconsciously led them on, vigilant as to what they can and cannot do. You name them.
I may have an unadulterated hatred for what you do, that doesn't mean I cant tolerate you and have a reasonable conversation with you... Who am I to ostracize you because of your proclivities?
With respect to those attributes I spoke about, they include:
Firstly, is the issue of Tomboys and Effeminate guys.
This is the one 90percent of persons use to erroneously reach a conclusion that might be far from the truth. She acts like a guy (I like that in ladies a bit), he acts like a girl (I detest). Does that make him or her gay? Have we bothered to know what made him or her like that. It could be a number of things. For instance, some guys grew up in houses filled with girls, and the opposite could be said of girls who grew up in houses full of guys. At times, which is not always in all cases, the attributes which they are most surrounded with rubs off on them and they see themselves unintentionally exhibiting it. Its hard to stop.
I'm not ignorant of the fact that there are certain gay people who use that as a beacon light to attract mates.
Still, you will find guys so high on masculine traits that there is no single softness in them and some girls so filled with feminine characteristics that there is no strong will in them, turn out surprisingly to be homosexuals. Will that lead you to conclude that any person that acts normal is gay?
Secondly, is the issue of Dress Code.
As I said before, I like girls who act like guys a little. But I have a thing for girls who dress a lot like guys while retaining there 'Feminity'. It's so cool. Same can't be said by me for guys.
She cuts her hair low, puts on plain nice shirt, slightly loose jeans, a pair of sneakers, papa's cap and adorns her hand with a masculine wristwatch. Wow. Making sense. Dont blame me, I'm a guy, I'm not expected to be that objective.
The question is, so what?.
He takes an hour to come out from the bathroom, paints his face, puts on earrings and spends another 30 minutes with the mirror. He then wears a bracelet, puts on unisex shoes over tight pants(trouser) that is expected to show what, contour? Yuck.
The question still remains: So what?
As noted before, it could be a beacon. It could also mean they have a weird and silly sense of fashion that tends to shift to a gender not theirs. Since you cant be sure, why would you conclude that he or she is gay because of dressing
Lastly is Speech pattern. When you sometimes witness guys and girls talk, you can't help but wonder, if you were not to be seeing them, which voice would you think belongs to the guy and which to the girl.
I was walking from Law faculty to my hostel one day using the pedestrian walkway. My mind was processing the fact that two girls were walking behind me, because of their voices; how they were chatting and giggling. I decided to reduce my step, so that they will pass me, and leave me to appreciate God's creations. They walked over only for me to realise that they were both guys. To say I was surprise would be putting it mildly. I had to look back again to confirm that my mind was not playing tricks on me. What a shocking encounter.
Also is another encounter were i was waiting for keke(tricycle) around mass communication department. Three guys and a girl were discussing while also waiting for keke. A girl passed disturbing their discussion and my concentration on my phone. She was indeed beautiful. So we couldn't help but turn our head to the point of twisting our neck while following her movement. That's how beautiful she was. What got my mouth agape and captivated was the speech the girl with the guys made. With a loud deep voice having no iota of 'feminity' in it and in a manner hard, if not impossible for a female to use she said. 'O boy, this girl major ooh. Chai. See that kind rack. God help us ooh'. If i was not looking at her literary while she was at it, nothing will make me believe it was a girl that spoke that way and with such voice.
Should I conclude because of their speech pattern that they are gay? Nope. Certain things can contribute to that ranging from where they grew up, how they grew up, with whom the grew up to their temperament. You never can tell.
A classical example of a person that exhibits all the alleged traits of a homosexual is Charlie Boy, the most open and weirdly oriented guy. But he has a family and time and time again, he had made it clear to everyone that he is not a homosexual.
Some students, just because they had exhibited this attributes I mentioned, have been the subject of victimization, sheer hatred and ostracism for alleged believe in practice they might dislike with passion which had constantly led to their traumatization.
My advice is this. Since in law, it is better that ten criminals go scot-free than an innocent person sent to prison. Same way is it better to mistake ten homosexuals for straight people than to erroneously accuse one straight person of being gay. Be Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment